It's not just the macho mustache that took shaving...when I joined as a Prof. in a women's college but my sizable male ego too...
Egoistic people dubiously don larger-than-life self-images...big Dreamworks lifetimes. They promise only what they cannot deliver and then fall flat on their faces. Grandiosity certainly has its failings. They are often delusive to the point of delirium.
Ask me. I am a walking-talking specimen. A living lie.
First week on Campus, I was entrusted a task. Plan a study tour to Delhi and arrange to meet the First Citizen of India: His Excellency The President.
Task assigned by my trusting HoD.
In less than 24 hours, I change the plan. Why not the cynosure of the global eye?: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji instead? I discuss it with Departmental colleagues...they concur. Typically me..I hype it and drum up unmanageable expectations among students and others. In less than 48 hours I have an UnDeliverable on my hands.
Desperate calls to PMO, Request mails and over two dozen follow-up actions in the next 8 weeks. But in vain. Even the local MP and highly placed Delhi Babus can do precious little. Regret messages clog my inboxes.
Our PM is on a diplomatic mission the week we spend in Delhi. And postponement is ruled out. Train reservations, hotel bookings all done and dusted !!
Now I walk the hallowed corridors of the College, tail firmly tucked between me legs :(
People are forgiving of my tendency to over-promise and under-deliver. But am I ?
Rashtrapati ji is also busy that week. That's rubbing salt into my festering wounds.
Be that as it may. Rest goes well with the grand plan. Lots of fun, shopping, sight-seeing, selfie-taking, delectable dishes, lovely weather forecast for the week, fun-on-rails etc. all for an amazing price astutely costed by yours truly.
Chin up chappies!! U can't win 'em all!!
Let's make the most of what we have managed to bag and count our blessings rather than play blame-games. I am more human than most. Because, as I often admit, given my fool-hardy adventurousness, I am more imperfect than most.
Delhi !! Here we come!! The Lipstick Brigade !!
Happy Dasara to all.
Luv
Prof. Iron Man
Egoistic people dubiously don larger-than-life self-images...big Dreamworks lifetimes. They promise only what they cannot deliver and then fall flat on their faces. Grandiosity certainly has its failings. They are often delusive to the point of delirium.
Ask me. I am a walking-talking specimen. A living lie.
First week on Campus, I was entrusted a task. Plan a study tour to Delhi and arrange to meet the First Citizen of India: His Excellency The President.
Task assigned by my trusting HoD.
In less than 24 hours, I change the plan. Why not the cynosure of the global eye?: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji instead? I discuss it with Departmental colleagues...they concur. Typically me..I hype it and drum up unmanageable expectations among students and others. In less than 48 hours I have an UnDeliverable on my hands.
Desperate calls to PMO, Request mails and over two dozen follow-up actions in the next 8 weeks. But in vain. Even the local MP and highly placed Delhi Babus can do precious little. Regret messages clog my inboxes.
Our PM is on a diplomatic mission the week we spend in Delhi. And postponement is ruled out. Train reservations, hotel bookings all done and dusted !!
Now I walk the hallowed corridors of the College, tail firmly tucked between me legs :(
People are forgiving of my tendency to over-promise and under-deliver. But am I ?
Rashtrapati ji is also busy that week. That's rubbing salt into my festering wounds.
Be that as it may. Rest goes well with the grand plan. Lots of fun, shopping, sight-seeing, selfie-taking, delectable dishes, lovely weather forecast for the week, fun-on-rails etc. all for an amazing price astutely costed by yours truly.
Chin up chappies!! U can't win 'em all!!
Let's make the most of what we have managed to bag and count our blessings rather than play blame-games. I am more human than most. Because, as I often admit, given my fool-hardy adventurousness, I am more imperfect than most.
Delhi !! Here we come!! The Lipstick Brigade !!
Happy Dasara to all.
Luv
Prof. Iron Man
No comments:
Post a Comment