Welcome home!! NMKRVeeeeeee.....!!!!
Welcome back home to Bangalore NMKRVCWDoJMC!!
Did you survive Delhi? Did you enjoy Delhi?
We shall, as soon as we meet next convene a postmortem meeting to critical analyze all things about the Delhi Study tour that went wrong and those that went right. Let's sit and discuss threadbare all things good, bad, ugly. We welcome all types of feedback- positive, negative.
For a change, I will remain shut and listen to all that you children have to say without arguing a single point. Anything you say is OK. Be unafraid.
Personally I feel that it was a great trip.
Issues with food, hotel accommodation, delays in sightseeing, Delhi city traffic congestion, very little free time to visit relatives and friends there, my own temperamental outbursts when students go missing from the group--which happened a lot on the first two days-- all did mar the fun side of the tour a bit sometimes. Yes. I am truly apologetic for my short-tempered outbursts. Please forgive me. I have learned to be more patient since then.
After the first day, I retired to the backseat and let Prof. Manoj who is a more mature, balanced and patient leader handle the group. I got busy with the nitty-gritties: arranging for hot food to be served on time, bus arriving on time, hot water for baths, keeping the air-conditioning temperature comfortable, arranging bedding for all, managing the local tour operator, planning the next day's sightseeing and industry visits, working out the unplanned costs, raising the money for it from my family here in Bangalore...etc.
Sharada Ma'm was busy with organizing curriculum activities - Sansad Bhavan, News X studio visit etc..
When we travel nearly 2500 km from home on a train and spend four days in a humongous and unsafe metro, one needs to anticipate such problems and be capable of resolving issues as they crop up.
We- the Faculty traveling with you, did just that. We slogged day and night, spent thousands from our pockets, spent many many sleepless nights to ensure that you children remain safe and get the most of this trip - education-wise, entertainment-wise.
Manoj Sir, Sharada Ma'm and I were very clear in our minds on the following priorities:
1) Student safety
2) Student comfort
3) Curriculum activities
4) Relevant Sightseeing
5) Shopping & free time
Throughout the trip, this order of priorities never changed. It was frozen before we even boarded the first
train in Bangalore on Rajyotsava night. At no cost would I risk student safety and health for cheap entertainment and street food.
I am a maniac when it comes to mission-criticality. I meditate for days on these things and plan, rehearse scene-by-scene those things that are well. like you guys say: "Must & Should". And believe me when I say, that whatever I did, I did with your best interests at heart.
I don't want to deliver a one-hour speech on all the sacrifices we, the Faculty made. Suffice to say that we, all of us together, WON! When we landed on the Yeshwathpur railway platform and your parents came rushing to hug and kiss you, I almost cried....
The relief and happiness in having their beloved children safely back in their arms after 9 worrisome days glowing on their faces.....moved me to tears.
This relief came after a seven hour wait, courtesy Indian Railways and its inefficient staff. Our train arrived unduly late --in the wee hours of Monday morning instead of the scheduled arrival on late evening Sunday.
I have never been a father in my life. But I now know the pain in a father's heart when he hears the sobs of his beloved child on the phone, saying she is tired, hungry, sleepy and homesick and the blasted train stuck in a god forsaken place near Hindupur, AP, has not moved an inch in 4 hours.
Like I averred earlier, all said and done...WE WON!!
This reminds me of a German football coach's interview on TV after Germany won the FIFA World Cup. I watched it years ago.
The anchor asked Coach Frank Beckenbeur: "What was your motto, you guiding principle, in this year's FIFA cup tournament? What helped you win and become world champions?"
Coach Frankie says: "I told the boys again and again in the locker room, on the field, during playoffs, at dinner, in Church, on the plane and before the final match-- ---If we win, I tell the world YOU DID IT!!--- If we lose, I tell the world-- I DID IT."
Enjoy your Deepavali...
Lots of luv
An exhausted, but very happy, Prof. Iron Man.
Welcome back home to Bangalore NMKRVCWDoJMC!!
Did you survive Delhi? Did you enjoy Delhi?
We shall, as soon as we meet next convene a postmortem meeting to critical analyze all things about the Delhi Study tour that went wrong and those that went right. Let's sit and discuss threadbare all things good, bad, ugly. We welcome all types of feedback- positive, negative.
For a change, I will remain shut and listen to all that you children have to say without arguing a single point. Anything you say is OK. Be unafraid.
Personally I feel that it was a great trip.
Issues with food, hotel accommodation, delays in sightseeing, Delhi city traffic congestion, very little free time to visit relatives and friends there, my own temperamental outbursts when students go missing from the group--which happened a lot on the first two days-- all did mar the fun side of the tour a bit sometimes. Yes. I am truly apologetic for my short-tempered outbursts. Please forgive me. I have learned to be more patient since then.
After the first day, I retired to the backseat and let Prof. Manoj who is a more mature, balanced and patient leader handle the group. I got busy with the nitty-gritties: arranging for hot food to be served on time, bus arriving on time, hot water for baths, keeping the air-conditioning temperature comfortable, arranging bedding for all, managing the local tour operator, planning the next day's sightseeing and industry visits, working out the unplanned costs, raising the money for it from my family here in Bangalore...etc.
Sharada Ma'm was busy with organizing curriculum activities - Sansad Bhavan, News X studio visit etc..
When we travel nearly 2500 km from home on a train and spend four days in a humongous and unsafe metro, one needs to anticipate such problems and be capable of resolving issues as they crop up.
We- the Faculty traveling with you, did just that. We slogged day and night, spent thousands from our pockets, spent many many sleepless nights to ensure that you children remain safe and get the most of this trip - education-wise, entertainment-wise.
Manoj Sir, Sharada Ma'm and I were very clear in our minds on the following priorities:
1) Student safety
2) Student comfort
3) Curriculum activities
4) Relevant Sightseeing
5) Shopping & free time
Throughout the trip, this order of priorities never changed. It was frozen before we even boarded the first
train in Bangalore on Rajyotsava night. At no cost would I risk student safety and health for cheap entertainment and street food.
I am a maniac when it comes to mission-criticality. I meditate for days on these things and plan, rehearse scene-by-scene those things that are well. like you guys say: "Must & Should". And believe me when I say, that whatever I did, I did with your best interests at heart.
I don't want to deliver a one-hour speech on all the sacrifices we, the Faculty made. Suffice to say that we, all of us together, WON! When we landed on the Yeshwathpur railway platform and your parents came rushing to hug and kiss you, I almost cried....
The relief and happiness in having their beloved children safely back in their arms after 9 worrisome days glowing on their faces.....moved me to tears.
This relief came after a seven hour wait, courtesy Indian Railways and its inefficient staff. Our train arrived unduly late --in the wee hours of Monday morning instead of the scheduled arrival on late evening Sunday.
I have never been a father in my life. But I now know the pain in a father's heart when he hears the sobs of his beloved child on the phone, saying she is tired, hungry, sleepy and homesick and the blasted train stuck in a god forsaken place near Hindupur, AP, has not moved an inch in 4 hours.
Like I averred earlier, all said and done...WE WON!!
This reminds me of a German football coach's interview on TV after Germany won the FIFA World Cup. I watched it years ago.
The anchor asked Coach Frank Beckenbeur: "What was your motto, you guiding principle, in this year's FIFA cup tournament? What helped you win and become world champions?"
Coach Frankie says: "I told the boys again and again in the locker room, on the field, during playoffs, at dinner, in Church, on the plane and before the final match-- ---If we win, I tell the world YOU DID IT!!--- If we lose, I tell the world-- I DID IT."
Enjoy your Deepavali...
Lots of luv
An exhausted, but very happy, Prof. Iron Man.
Betway Casino is a scam site - Vimeo
ReplyDeleteFind out how to play Betway Casino scam (access your funds) here - check your youtube, https, youtube mp3 https, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9G6wQo.